Saturday, July 29, 2006

Guestlist Pikey

Last chance to party for at least some weeks, so was delighted learning I'm on the guest list tonite at this nice local club. DJs and live-acts playing decently enough as well, so I just went off at full throttle & till dawn.

Ah, dancing's one thing where it really pays being in good shape, also the day(s) after. (The other one of course being sex in all it's different varieties and shades, but since this being an english language blog on a mainstream server, won't go into the details concerning that.)

And when I say dancing, don't mean slightly bopping your head and shoulders, carefully watching not to spill your cocktail. Actually in the worst case I'm afraid it's rather me spilling your drink if you happen to be stepping in my way in front of the subwoofer. (And no, though I'll apologise, won't buy you another).

Cause I just get high on moving, jumping and banging to any decently hedonistic beat, no matter of what style, like on not too many other things (except of course, erm, the obvious, see above). Ok, decent subwoofers won't harm either, they don't call me 'bass junkie' for nothing.

Kinda just hardwired to my mind and body. Have no clue where from, cause the rest of my family & relatives sure are not like that, but with me it's just the way it is. And as said don't care whether it's the original, the Jason Nevins remix, hardcore, metal, minimal, d'n'b or whatever. I'll just go berserk as if there was no tomorrow, and that's that.

Don't wanna boast too much, but at least on 8 to 9 out of 10 floors there's definitely more action spreading when I'm present, even now as I'm getting older and not actually healthier. Also I'm not too bad at inciting the crowd, bands and DJs (and perhaps even better at insulting the latter if they don't deliver, have too many breaks or play too many intros). Which are two reasons why usually I'm on the guestlist way more than having to pay. Same as for drinks, though won't give away the tricks of the trade here, sorry.

And yup, as I always use to point out with my most gleeful smile, there's a lot of things you can do on a dancefloor that you can't do on the street ... (Well, at least not without getting arrested pretty soon.)

Though, as mentioned earlier, in the meantime rsp. at the moment there are some things I'm kinda restraining myself a bit from, like recently e.g. dressing mostly the very same as when going to work, incl. camo. Exactly as yesterday.

So no funny nor embarrassing stories this time, I'm afraid.

No comments: