Saturday, May 27, 2006

'Now, are you really a bodyfascist?' (Pt. 2)

Nah, course not, only the others, what'd ya think?!

(And even if I was, really thought I'd admit it, stoopid?)

Ok, seriously now. For me, think it's bit the same like with the other erm-don't-be-offended-but-can-I-ask-you-something-question I'm sometimes confronted by (though not as often as by the obvious one).

Like, did you ever sleep with men?

Actually the same ex-girlfriend who later asked me the bodyfascist-question also had asked me this too (after having asked me the obvious one first, of course).

My reply was, if she knew the song by Allen Ginsberg that starts with the following two lines:

Everybody's just a little bit homosexual,
whether they like it or not.

Cause well, no denying that, but then, that's about as far as it goes for me -- and also concerning being a body fascist. (For the record, I'm aware that in virtually all other aspects these two things aren't comparable.)

So, if I had to answer by a simple Yes or No, I'd still opt for the No without having a bad conscience.

But if there's the possibility to give a little bit more discriminating answer, I'm stoopid enough to admit that there's a little body fascist inside me -- like probably in everybody else, too.

(to be continued ...)

No comments: